September 26, 2008

Perfectionist ? Some words for the young photographers.


A tribute to the young talents !





Perfectionist ?
Yes I am.

Like the majority of all the contributing artists of this site. I am. A true one. A crazy one !

Like every young artists I'm following step by step and who tell me :
"I'm not ready, it's not what I wanted, I have so many things to learn... (sniff)... I have to throw everything in the garbage ! (double sniff). "

... ?







Olivier de Rycke
"Take a big breath"
Model Eve




"Shoot with your heart and your eyes.
The rest will follow.
Photography is a commitment, so be ready to live it."
Olivier De Ricke





Like them, I'm always looking for the best word. Do I use a coma or a point ? How to find another, new and surprising angle to write what I'm hearing in my mind, this strange and so kind little voice who only talks about beauty and joy. Behind the curtain of our troubled world. Who knows that show must go on...


I am a perfectionist. I can't count the number of pages I've throwed ! But I'm not sure it's the best way to act.








Gerhardt Thompson
"In the Dreamtime"





" My advice for younger photographers would be to learn all of the usual photographic conventions but avoid being too rigid in adhering to them ; bring your own artistic interpretations to bear and put something of yourself into your images rather than copying others. Keep inspired and stay in touch with photographers around you and don’t be afraid to ask for or lend support. Through this sharing process we’re all elevated to a higher level." Gerhardt Thompson






I have to be good, of course, Art requests always the best, Art is work, and passion, hapiness and sadness. But I know there is another road. Because, there is no art without try. And even if the artist believes she/he can do better, "perfect" would be the right word, these tries make part of the work. They are essential.

The beginnings are a precious treasure for the viewers, the only way to understand what they are admiring.







"Dancing with Waves 2"
Model MaxE





" Of course, there will always be those who look only at technique, who ask 'how', while others of a more curious nature will ask 'why'. Personally, I have always preferred inspiration to information." Man Ray




So... Perfectionist ? I am. And I won't change, always looking for the best. But from now, I'll keep my works, even the ugliest.

And you, dear young artists, keep yours preciously. Before running, all babies learn to walk. A tough job ! Art requires patience and self-confidence.


Keep Faith.






" I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating (...), anybody who spends part of their day sharing their experience with us. I think this world would be unlivable without art and I thank you." Steve Soderbergh







Beau Eromantica
"More to come"



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It’s really a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.