November 23, 2008

2photo.ru : the debate...






All these colourful (modern ? pop-art ?) pictures come from 2photo.ru. ... ?...

Ok... I know, from the contributing artists of Univers d'Artistes, that 2photo.ru doesn't care about the copyright laws. And I know that nobody (included Bill Brandt !) can make something against. Because it's a russian site. Untouchable...

Ok... You know how much I dislike that. All the wonderful artists I feature in this site know my respect and my commitment. I ask them. I promote them. I love them. And I want the best for each of them.

Ok... So... 2photo.ru and me, we don't have the same way to show our passion for art.


And here comes the eternal debate : what is the best ? To stay an unknown and poor artist, living the bohemian life, or to be featured and seen, viewed and maybe recognized ?... Do we need that ? Is internet hepful ? Where are our rights on the web ?... And why do we publish our work on the web knowing that everybody can copy it ?...


As a writer, I find my texts in many sites, without my authorization. Even in published books ! Once my rage out, I tell me that, finally, it's a new way to diffuse my messages for a better world... And I send a mail to the "stealer" to tell her (in majority)/him : "Thanks to appreciate ! But next time, please ask me, and we'll do better together".

That said, and to make short because it's really a large debate since Internet has been invented (by the army !), I have to confess that the webmaster of 2photo.ru makes a great job. His selections are really great, with an artistic taste I can't criticize, even if he hurts my own rules. I just hope his hard work is useful to the artists who contributes without to know it... Like now... But I can't resist, these pictures are so beautiful ! Like him...






No comments: