January 21, 2009

PHOTO Contest 2008








Congratulations to Dave Levingston, Stephen Haynes and John Peri !



I have to precise that it's not the first time they are published in this magazine, but I'm sure they are happy to see their work exhibited in a pretty hard contest : 50 000 photos from more than 70 countries (all pictures can be viewed on the PHOTO website).


This contest, and many others, makes me think that Art Photography really need a true and public celebration. The film industry has the Oscars, the Cesars, the Gold Palm... Many artistic or simply commercial activities organize their awards. What are we waiting for ?...
As a former event planner, I must confess that I don't understand this "silence". It's up to each of us to change that...







A comment by Michael Vasquez :
"As a former event photographer, I think you have a great idea to bring a sense of legitimacy to our business.
I agree that an award show for the best in the arts would be a fantastic vehicle to showcase our work and the people who craft such magical images.
Each different genre should be recognized along with each different model as well. Good idea Chris."
Thanks Michael ! I hope the idea will come true...









Category "Charme"
under the presidence of Patrick Demarchelier






Dave Levingston

"Brooke in a stream"










John Peri

"Staircase afternoon"










Stephen Haynes

"Profane Jennifer 21"




2 comments:

unbearable lightness said...

Congratulations to all! I have been fortunate to work with Dave and Stephen. They are among the best alive!

MichaelV. said...

As a former event photographer I think you have a great idea to bring a sense of legitimacy to our business. I agree that an award show for the best in the arts would be a fantastic vehicle to showcase our work and the people who craft such magical images. Each different genre should be recognized along with each different model as well. Good idea Chris.