September 17, 2016

Olivier Pieri, Sculptor of bodies


A new member of Univers d'Artistes






Olivier Pieri told me :
- It is a hobby Chris.
I answered :
- A passion Olivier, since your 15 ! As me with your father...

I discovered Olivier Pieri, from France, with the first photograph of this article which became my Daily Artwork of my Facebook before I asked him the permission to exhibit his work.

Olivier reminds me an answer of Thorsten Jankowski :
"Black and white addicted, I see myself as a Sculptor of bodies - the human form is predestinated to create images which rock. When I am taking pictures, I am working. I am conducting, I am analyzing, I am waiting for the right moment, I am anathematising the light, I am seeing, I am concentrated."

As André Brito, Marc Hoppe and Sjur Road, Olivier Pieri sculpts his talented Art Models in a magnificent way I love since the beginning of the magazine. Before to know him, Olivier, I am proud and honored to welcome you. And a very deep thanks for your enthusiasm !






Olivier Pieri est né à Lyon, France, en 1966. Son intérêt pour la photographie se révèle à 15 ans, le jour où son père lui donne un appareil photo. Pendant quelques années, l’appareil le suit au gré de ses pérégrinations et de ses rencontres.

Il s’initie aussi au développement dans un laboratoire prêté par des professeurs de mathématiques, amis de sa mère et également passionnés par la photographie. L’entrée dans la vie professionnelle et le passage au numérique marque une pause de plusieurs années.

La rencontre avec Gil Lebois, photographe, ravive la flamme. Avec lui, grâce à lui, il apprend la lumière et le studio. Plus récemment, il contribue à la création du site Pagephoto.

Aujourd’hui, son travail photographique est centré sur le portrait et le nu en studio.




The Encuber
Le Cube
(My favorite series among many others)
























Olivier Pieri in color







No comments: