June 12, 2018

Marina Koriakyn: A soul catcher




Marina Koryakin 


Marina was born in Ukraine and lives now in Israel. She has a family with two children, and works full time in the demanding medical field. 

I discovered Marina on FB and became immediately enchanted by the way her captures just hypnotised me. They tell stories, enigmatic ones, taking me on a journey.







I try to capture what I feel and not what I see



"Lost in Tokyo'' series

















As far as I remember, I always loved to observe people. I enjoyed imagining what their life would be and made lots of scenarios in my head. Three years ago, I opened a FB account and built up a circle of friends who were photographers. Their work inspired me.




















There is something about some of the next shots that (hoping that Marina won't mind), I put together because of the immediate impact created by their existential nature.




"Hope"






I never had a camera because photography did not really interest me. One day, I started to take pictures with my phone and after a while I decided to buy a camera and took a beginners course.As I don't have much technical knowledge about photography, I chose the easy way and used a digital camera.




"Somewhere" 








"Be"








"Be what you want to be"






My passion is about street and documentary photography  



"Gypsy life"







"Gypsy life 2"






The beauty of street photography is the unexpected.Every time I go out wandering the streets, I try to capture what I feel and not what I see.





"Past"







"Take me to church"




When do I know it's the right time to press the shutter? When my pulse goes up!My camera is set to B&W so that my mind does not get distracted by the colour factor.Later, on my computer, I convert them to colour and then, depending on my mood, decide which version to keep. :)





"Beach stories"




























"From the dying sea series"


So what about inspiring artists? Many that I really admire and learn from. Garry Winogrand, Joel Meyerowitz, Robert Frank and Henri Cartier-Bresson to name a few. But I also learn as much as from so many talented friends I follow on social medias.  



























"Apocalypse"







"In the storm"








"Memory"










No comments: