July 13, 2013

Daria Malysheva's interview




Daria Malysheva is a portrait photographer of 20 years old from Russia, this incredible country full of so wonderful photographers (the passionate will know) like her.





"Shade"







Daria Malysheva at her new official site, deviantART, her first feature.















Daria, tell us how did your passion begin ?

 It was after I learned that my granddad was a professional photographer and I decided to follow in his footsteps.

My first camera was the old "Zenit", which undoubtedly has every Russian in the depth of a small pantry. It was time, when I understood that photography is the only way for me to express.










"Again"










"Contact"






"Kate"






You seem so accomplished... Did you learn photography in a school ?


Yeah, I did a one year-course in "Modern Photo" school, which had just opened at that time. Now it's one of the greatest in Moscow.
But as I learned later, the best teacher is your own experience,
when you work with a model, face to face.










"Wild bird"

















Seeing your age, I asked myself who could be your greatest inspirators ?

 Lot's of them, I like surfing the Net and unexpectedly find somebody's really worth seeing works. Nowadays there're plenty of talented photographers, whom photos are a powerful spur for my imagination.

Another source of inspiration is music. It keeps me good minded, and in lyrics I usually find some unusual ideas.


Right. At least I see that your inspiration comes from many different spaces. Be sincere, how long could you be far from your camera ?

Well, no more than a week. Otherwise, most of the ideas become no longer desirable.


Do you feel particularly inspired by a type of location ?

Of course ! It's especially important for making composition and a whole image. Unfortunately, you must put some effort into finding inspiring places here, in Moscow. It depends on my mood, but indoor lost it's appeal for me recently apart from deserted old houses actually. I'm really keen on them.










"Time to choose"













"Different"






How do you feel at the end of a shooting ?

Usually very exhausted, not only physically, but mostly mentally.


If you put a part of your soul in the creation like I do it, then you know how difficult it can be.


But at the same time shooting gives me a great sense of satisfaction. Especially when I feel that a couple of great pictures are made.


How I understand you ! Have you a special project you're dreaming about ?

 It's a secret ;) There's one. And as soon as I find models, clothes and proper location, I'll take my camera and do it. Hope it won't take long else somebody will steal the idea.










Model Natali










I'm impatient to know ! And have you published a book ?

Not yet. But some of my works were published in the second Photosight book and one photo was already on the cover of "Best digital cameras" magazine. Not a bad start I guess and I'm determined to carry on.








"Forest's spirit"





Bravo ! What's for your next future ? Something more to come ? Not a secret ?...
I would like to try myself in professional fashion photography and in advertising.




The message is sent. Another one ?

Always remember who you are, and that everything that happens is for the best.


A wonderful one... Thanks a lot Daria ! We keep in touch.










"Current mood 2"






Daria Malysheva




1 comment:

Jan said...

Such passion, such amazing imagery and what an imagination. I'm touched and inspired.
Thank you to you both for allowing me to find you.