July 7, 2017

Figures of Grace: Iceland, by Dave Rudin



Member since the beginning and UdA Art Editor



Brooke






Aubrey




There are some places in this world where the landscape just cries out to be photographed.  Iceland is one of those places.  Filled with waterfalls, volcanoes, glaciers, lava fields and hot springs, it offers a landscape like few - if any - other places.  At a certain time of year, it even offers 24 hours worth of daylight in which to photograph.  What better place is there in which to showcase the beauty of the human figure?





Brooke






Aubrey






Aubrey




Well, there is one major caveat:  the weather.  Iceland doesn't normally get very warm, with an average high temperature in July of 57 degrees Fahrenheit.  Add in the strong wind that can happen, plus the unpredictability of it all, and it can all add up to trouble.





Nadine






Zoe



That's what happened to me on my first art nude expedition to Iceland in 2013 with models Aubrey and Brooke Lynne.  As it was, it turned out to be the coldest summer in memory, but despite the difficulties, Aubrey and Brooke did admirably.




Zoe






Rebecca



Nonetheless, I felt a second trip was in order to try to get things done right and to take care of unfinished business.  This time, in 2014, through a combination of both better weather and better planning, I was able to get more good results with Nadine Stevens, Zoe West and Rebecca Tun.




Rebecca






Rebecca and Nadine






Nadine and Zoe



Is my Icelandic adventure complete?  I don't think so, as much of the country still remains for me to see.  When I will return for the next visit I do not yet know.  However, I do know this:  Iceland beckons - and I will be back.


3 comments:

christian pélier said...

tks dave !!! wonderful series

cconero said...

Yes, these are all beautiful.

chubbix said...

lovely images of nudes in the landscape. something i have always wanted to do....