November 17, 2017

The new Anca Cernoschi



Member since 2010



Anca Cernoschi was 25 at her first exhibition in the mag in 2010. Her young talent reminds me the famous quote of Pierre Corneille :

"In souls nobly born, valour does not depend upon age."

At this time she told me in her interview : 
"I like indoors, like an improvised movie scene in an empty room with just some pieces of furniture, something comfortable and not too professional."
Did she change in 7 years ? I noted more Street Life shoots you'll admire. About her artistic nudes, Anca shoots more outdoors with success and always keeps her passion for epured indoors.

Thank you Anca for your friendship and your compliment, I blushed 😌



For this article, she explained her new interest :















Until recently I created exclusively fine art photography, fine art nude is definitely my passion, conceptual nude especially, but for some time now I've also shown some interest in street photography because it makes me come out of the house and observe what is happening around me. More recently, I've became very interested in documentary photography, believing that when you search so much inside yourself, you also need the balance discovering the world around you gives you.


So both of them help me find a equilibrium in personal and professional life. I think I am at a time in my life when I feel the need to gather as many memories as possible so that is why I found this connection with documentary photography and that is how the series about my grandfather came to life.

I became interested in documentary photography after starting to document my grandfather's daily routine over the last years, as a very personal and emotional project. 

Soon after that I was invited by a friend to photograph an event involving children with disabilities. Those experiences have not only taught me a valuable lesson about life but also reinforced my interest in this photography genre that I've become very attracted to.



Let's begin by her new successful passion :




















This is a‭ ‬photo essay about my‭ ‬91‭ ‬year old grandfather's usual hot summer day in his home in western Romania,‭ ‬where he lived for the last‭ ‬45‭ ‬years.‭

‬I took the first two photos of the series in‭ ‬2009,‭ ‬without thinking about it as a serious project at that time,‭ ‬I was just enjoying the moment.‭ ‬At the end of August‭ ‬2015‭ ‬I came back to‭ ‬it‭ ‬as a subject.

Once a week,‭ ‬on Monday afternoons,‭ ‬on the sound of his radio that plays loud folk music,‭ ‬he prepares his shaving items on the kitchen table almost like a ceremony.‭ ‬They are the same for as long as I can remember:‭ ‬a traditional shaving razor and brush,‭ ‬shaving cream made from soap mixed with water in a sour cream plastic cup,‭ ‬a towel and an old newspaper.‭

Except for the mirror,‭ ‬because he doesn't need it anymore.‭ ‬Over the past years he has gone almost completely blind because he refused to have a surgery that would have partially restored his eyesight.‭ This whole ritual can take up to one hour as he stops occasionally to react to a noise or listen to some news and discuss it with his wife‭; ‬then resumes on checking his face meticulously by touch and applying cream and shaving what he has left.‭ ‬After he's done he puts every item back into the black wooden box that I have always liked and spends some more time in the kitchen or in his bedroom listening to the radio.‭ ‬He never turns on the TV during the day.‭

Every afternoon he lays for a while waiting for his eye drops to take effect, in the summer is often bothered by the strong sunlight. Late evenings,‭ ‬after dinner,‭ ‬he is always in his bedroom,‭ ‬listening to the TV next to his wife of‭ ‬58‭ ‬years.‭ ‬Hanging on the walls behind them are the framed photos of his children:‭ ‬a son he lost young and my teenage mother. Listening to the radio during the day and to the TV during the evening and night are his only entertainment.‭ He doesn't want to go outside of the courtyard anymore.‭ ‬He now suffers from severe depression and panic attacks and describes his condition as being permanently in a heavy fog.












Her first artistic nude
She was less than 25 years old

"I still love it, after all this time and it's quite different from the recent works, more like a shape and light study. I haven't work like that since. The pose it's quite original I think (I'm soooo modest :))"







Her recent work :



























































































No comments: