October 28, 2015

Vahid Naziri joins us











"The Orchids"
Art Model Mallory






















All began with this kind comment of Vahid Naziri :
" I really like your mag. The quality of works in there is really amazing."


And soon I told him the same thing about his beautiful portfolio. What I saw touched me. Working mainly in bw, each of his pictures prooves his mastery of the composition.Using angles and perspectives with success, as great backgrounds, playing with the lights and darks, Vahid Naziri knows everything about the ways to capture the deepest emotions of the expressive (and renowned !) models he uses to work with.









"The Steps"
Art Model Anna










"Spiraling down"
Art Model Anna













"Candace 12"
Art Model Candace Nirvana

















Born in 1960, grew up with broken cameras as toys. My first working camera was some sort of a toy camera from Kodak.

Later on when I started mountain climbing and rock climbing I was always tasked to bring a camera to take pictures. Since family and friends liked my photos, I was asked on different occasions to shoot weddings and family portraitures.

The dream of becoming a pro photographer did not go very far. I entered the world of engineering instead.

These days I live in Woodland Hills, CA and I am still in love with photography.









"Paige 6"
Art Model Paige













"Time Out"















I see you have finally arrived. Now, for a brief moment, the paths of our lives have intersected. And what do I have to show you ? Mere glimpses. Moments not unlike this that I have frozen, a little piece of life that can be held, held still, but, still breathing. Perhaps the focus of my purpose can best be summed within this quotation from the writer Paul Bowles :

"... We get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really.

How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it ? Perhaps four or five times more. Perhaps not even that.

How many more times will you watch the full moon rise ? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless."







"Natalia 5"
Art Model Natalia Faina






Vahid Naziri ©



No comments: