May 21, 2018

My three days in Oceano Dunes



To make a long story short, I had an amazing 3 days of shooting in Oceano Dunes in April 2018 with 5 wonderful models.  The following photos are my favorites. Dan Van Winkle.













I've been coming to this place for just over 3 years.  The first time (March of 2015), I barely knew what I was getting into;  I had been invited by a group of photographers and models for a sort of shootout on the dunes.  There was 6-7 models and 3-4 photographers and we spent a fun weekend tripping around the area shooting in various locations in and around San Luis Obispo and Pismo Beach, California.  That trip was fine, but I prefer shooting with less people about and this is why I generally avoid workshops.

I returned later in 2015 with a smaller group of pretty much just close friends for a much more intimate shooting and hanging out.  I didn't return for over a year at the end of 2016.  I didn't make it down there at all in 2017 and wasn't able to return until this year, 2018 in April.

Because I don't get down here that often, I wanted to really make it worth my while so, I invited my best model friends as well as my girlfriend (who is also a model) and I also set up some shoots with some new to me local to the area models that seemed promising. 





Erika, Friday April 27, 2018, 6:00 AM Start Time














































Whitney, Saturday April 28, 2018 5:45 AM Start Time












































































CK, Sunday April 29, 2018, 5:30 AM Start Time












































Sarissle, Sunday April 29, 2018, 6:00 AM Start Time



























































Group, Sunday April 29, 2018, approx 7AM























UdA Art Editor - My articles


No comments: